This is my Story
My name is Mike Grafstein and I have received my fair share of injuries from concussions to broken bones and being under the knife for knee issues. I am sharing this with you because I have felt the pain both physically and emotionally of being out of work, unable to play and do the simple things of daily living.
Most of my injuries never received the proper care and attention they deserved. This is why I am so passionate about helping people.
Since returning my focus to my clinical practice in 2016, from working in the field with soccer, I have gradually introduced Matrix Repatterning to help my clients Feel, Move and Live Better.
Prior to this I spent over 25 years working in the field with soccer as the head therapist at both Provincial and Private Academy levels. This allowed me to travel to Italy, England Germany and other countries and taught me how to think outside the box when treating with just my hands to get results.
Through those experiences and the courses I have taken along the way, I learned that one type of therapy, technique or treatment is not a “be all end all”. There is more than way to get positive results. I have found that treating both with Matrix Repatterning on its own or as a base, combining it with other manual techniques has and continues to bring more invaluable results for my clients.
Matrix Repatterning allows me to locate restrictions in the body from past and current injuries at the cellular level. The ability to integrate Myofascial Release, Functional Massage Therapy, Massage Therapy, Athletic Therapy, Visceral Manipulation, Craniosacral Therapy and Scar Release Therapy compliments the foundation created with Matrix Repatterning.
For example, if a foundation of a house with its floors and walls are not level, or properly aligned, replacing a broken window with the same crooked frame will cause the window to break again.
As both a Registered Massage Therapist and Certified Athletic Therapist I have always looked for the best way to help my clients. Before moving in the direction of Matrix Repatterning I felt frustrated with my inability to create long term improvements for chronic issues like low back pain, neck pain, joint pain and headaches etc.
When I started with Matrix Repatterning as base to treatment and then integrated a couple of these techniques together, I noticed I filled in the holes and created a positive pain free functional difference for my clients.
Now with a better understanding of how the body functions internally, I am able help my clients reach their goals through a unique approach to healing and rehab.
It is my experience people often struggle without solving their chronic pain and acute injuries because they haven’t properly addressed the source of their issue.
My mission with every client is to help them Feel, Move and Live Better by resolving the root of their problem.
My Mini Bio
- Bachelor of Physical Education Brock University 1989
- Diploma of Sport Injury Management Sheridan College 1991
- Certified Athletic Therapist CAT(C) 1992
- Diploma of Massage and Hydrotherapy Canadian College oF Massage and Hydrotherapy 2000
- Registered Massage Therapist RMT 2000
- Canadian Sport Massage Therapists Association Sport Fellow CSMTA (SF) 2012
- Certified Matrix Repatterning Practitioner CMRP 2017
- Head Therapist Ontario Soccer 1992 – 1994 Part of three National Championship Teams
- Head Therapist Bryst Football Academy 2000-2017 International travel to England, Germany, Austria, France, Italy and the Netherlands
- Massage Therapist Host Medical Para PanAm Games 2015 Track and Field
- Massage Therapist Canadian Sport Institute 2015-2016 working with Olympic and Paralympic Athletes
- Massage Therapist with Swim Ontario Current from 2018
- Massage Therapist Core Medical Staff World University Games 2019 Naples Italy
- Alternate Massage Therapist Core Medical Staff 2020 Summer Olympics Tokyo, Japan
- Massage Therapy Instructor Elmcrest College 2000-2012 – Anatomy, Physiology and Remedial Exercise.
FEEL, MOVE and LIVE BETTER!
Outside of the clinic I find the time to hike the many trails in York Region, enjoy camping at any one of Ontario’s Provincial Parks with my wife and I practice – study Qi Gong.